Saturday, October 15, 2011

New work from the Studio Number Four

Image: Gabrielle Jones, Waft (Blackheath), 122 x 152cm oil on Canvas
 
This is the first really faithful painting I have made from my drawings. I enjoyed playing with all the edges. I found that there was a first pass through in which position and technical stuff had to be sorted - and it was- but the painting was "dead" in my eyes. So eventually I had to leave all that behind and really just get in and paint, lose the thing, and then bring it back. Much like any other painting, and my abstract work in particular!
Funnily enough, I started this with spray enamel and a roughness, but ended up with a smoother, ethereal and sensitive look, as dictated by the subject matter.
What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...