Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Art Workshops

Image: Gabrielle Jones, "120kph Yass", 2010, Oil on Canvas 122 x 152cm
Why not invest in yourself, have fun, learn something new and even find your creative side? Rest the logic and the "gotta do/be"s and go AWOL for a short while!
This week on Saturday starts another Landscape painting workshop in the beautiful Balmain area, from 10 am -4pm. There's another to follow on the following Saturday 9th October and classes during school terms on Thursdays and Fridays 9:30-2:30pm.
Suitable for beginners, intermediate and the more advanced as class sizes are STRICTLY limited to a maximum of SIX students, so you're assured of personal attention.
Classes Include: Painting basics (Oil and acrylic); Landscape drawing and painting in Ballast Point, Mort Bay and the Callan Park landscape, Abstraction in painting; Creative thinking, Mixed Media, Interior and Still Life subjects.

What they say:

Gabrielle’s workshop on Abstract Landscapes was wonderful. Gabrielle’s teaching was professional, structured and inspiring. Discussions around a range of artist’s techniques and their interpretation of the visual landscape provided a point of reference for us to experiment. For me, the workshop provided a new way of interpreting what I see and the start of new journey in my painting. ..loved it!
Debra, Chatswood
I have learnt a huge amount from the two workshops I have completed with Gabrielle. Gabrielle offers practical advice on colour theory, composition, brush work and the process of successfully translating ideas to the canvas. Gabrielle is an enthusiastic and down to earth teacher giving advice and constructive criticism when needed, but also the space to get on and experiment with my own ideas. I found her workshops to be informative and inspiring. I will definitely be attending more classes.
Anita, Willoughby
I am interested in painting landscapes and developing my own painting style in acrylics and oils. I thoroughly enjoyed the short course I recently attended with Gabrielle Jones. I found Gabrielle to be a knowledgeable and approachable teacher. She was able to give me useful and perceptive advice on my technique, composition and use of colour. The class size was small and I received individual attention and constructive criticism during the day. Three classes were not enough so I have decided to enroll in six sessions next year!
Ella, Wahroonga
For more information, and testimonials, please see my website (Title Link) or contact me here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...