Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Been drawing a lot






Thought I might shut up for once, and let my work speak for itself (well, after this intro!) I have been a bit in the doldrums, I think mostly because my next show has been well and truly painted and there doesn't seem to be all that much need to do what I do. So I decided to draw, and I like what's coming out and it's related to my upcoming show in content - but definitely not in style. A problem? I don't know.

I started drawing to give me a lead into the next body of work ...but I'm in denial about changing my process again.
What do you think of the work? Should I just go with the flow and see what happens at the end of the journey (I KNOW the answer is yes, but do I have the courage?) Are these common questions for all of us practicing artists?
Images: Four out of seven totems from the "Trees for my Father" series. Tree totems (group) and details of top of Leatherwood, Iron Bark; Grass Tree, Flame Tree). Cardboard, Pigment ink, feathers, leather, wood, playing cards, matches, leaves)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...