Thursday, September 17, 2009

Interview with "Undercover Painter"


I started reading this blog when the writer commented on one of my posts. It's a great collection of works and artists of interest to the self named "Undercover Painter", who keeps her blog to maintain connection to the artistic community, keep herself artistically stimulated, and learn more about painting in the process, while earning a living and attending to being a mum takes precedence for a while. I have spent many hours checking out the work featured in her backlog and have enjoyed finding artists, especially international ones, that I did not know about before.

Anyway, we had a long talk in my studio as she was interested in finding out how I "tick" (as if I know!) She had some very perceptive insights and made me articulate my artistic considerations, both formal and conceptual, so that I actually began to understand them. There should be more of it! We got along like a house on fire, and will meet up again at my solo show in November 4th (Drinks with me!) at 2 Danks St Waterloo.

The interview is linked to the title above, or her if that doesn't work http://undercoverpainter.blogspot.com/2009/09/gabrielle-jones-dialogue-with-paint.html.
My Website is here
Image: Gabrielle Jones "Cross Over II"2009 40 x 30cm Oil on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...